The Town of Stratford is in the midst of finalizing and approving its Community Energy Plan, designed to help residents and businesses:
1) decrease energy use;
2) have more efficient use of local, non-renewable resources;
3) increase use of renewable and natural resources;
4) decrease greenhouse gas emissions;
5) have a more resilient and self-sufficient community;
6) reduce energy costs;
7) plan for future developments under strict accordance with the sustainable development guidelines; and
8) increase partnerships between businesses and local financial institutions to help with the implementation of sustainable systems.
Want some easy tips to help decrease energy use in your home?
The Town of Stratford’s council has approved the reduction targets to reduce GHG emissions by 6% below 2015 levels by 2026 for the community and 20% below 2015 levels by 2026 for the municipal government.
Interested in reading the draft energy plan? Click here!