It has been a busy summer season for the watershed group! SAWIG was proud to have a summer crew for the very first time. Conner St. Jean, Colin MacEwen and Sam Lewellyn completed a variety of tasks and projects, including:
1) extensive tree planting at Jenkins Pond, Keppoch Park, Kinlock Creek, Bellevue Park and Camp Gencheff;
2) stream restoration along Kinlock Creek;
3) pond cleanup within Keppoch Estates Ltd.;
4) assisting with the Town during the Strawberry Festival;
5) assisting Public Works with painting and gardening;
6) trail maintenance and mapping;
7) buffer zone and coastal zone assessment; and
8 ) various cleanups of parks and public areas.
At the end of the summer, the project supervisor was required to submit a final report, listing their accomplishments over the past 2 months. We encourage you to take a look at how they spent their time in 2011!